Several questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several questions

I would like to allow some customers (only those I approve) to be able to pay via personal check. Can I do this with a profile? I don't use those at all right now, so I'm a little unclear on the benefit of profiles except maybe special pricing.

I'd also allow some customers (very few) to select "Pickup" as a delivery option. Can I do this with a profile?

How can I change the subject line of the shipping message? I want it to say "Ready to Ship" rather than "Shipped".

Is there any way to remotely download/upload to my site? I want to make sure my "out of stock" notices are updated, but if I'm out for a few hours I need to be able to do this remotely. Through a web interface maybe, or a PDA interface ideally. I have one kink in my upload, though. I have a "top sites" counter at the bottom of my page that references an external image. My uploads stop in the middle and I have to accept the warning message this causes.

I think that's it for now!

Thanks,
    Pat
    -------

Pat

Regarding the ability to remotely upload/download orders, an alternative is to use a utility that will automatically upload and download your orders at scheduled intervals. Mole End Software http://www.mole-end.biz has an add-on to Actinic that will do this. I am not associated with the company, but I have purchased other items from them for Actinic software use and they worked out great.
    I hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Roger Carr
    <A href="http://www.sunclothingetc.com" target="_blank">www.sunclothingetc.com</a>

Comment

Very possible, we do exactly that...

In Business Settings, see the payment section and restrict the payment method desired to registered clients ... that solves your cheque problem as only logged in clients will be able to pay that way...

Self collection, I tried it by creating a shipping cost schedule at £0.00 with default weight as 0.01 and no surcharges etc etc BUT the problem is that there's always an idiot, someone will select that option and then phone you to ask where the products are... So to restrict that to registered clients again is an option, simply create that address in their profile and allow the buyer to select that address ... however ... be careful especially if shipping outside UK to set the tax to relate to invoice address and not shipping address.

Hope that helps....

Comment

Oh and you can change all text via the Design : Text menu, will take you a wee while to navigate but all can be changed to read as you wish...

For example what you're looking for is in Order Processing Reports : Packing Lists ... you could even change "Shipped" to "Stolen and Broken".

Comment

Editing email subject line

Thanks very much for the input. I still can't find how to change the subject line of an email. I changed the text for "Shipped" to be "Ready to Ship" in the packing list section. However, this did not change the subject line of the email. Am I looking at the wrong field?

Pat
          -------

Pat

Comment

Hmmm...

See what you mean.

The template may be edited in Advanced : Template Manager : Misc but the actual email subject is a default, which there is no apparent way to edit other than altering the source code (not suggested).

You can edit each subject manually at time of sending but I don't think this should be a requirement, tell Actinic about this in a fax if they don't respond to this thread (or) someone else has a solution.

Comment

I would like to allow some customers (only those I approve) to be able to pay via personal check. Can I do this with a profile? I don't use those at all right now, so I'm a little unclear on the benefit of profiles except maybe special pricing.
              This is done via the 'Limit to Defined Customers' checkbox in the Payment Methods grid in 'Business Settings | Payment and Security'. If you tick this box, then only customers with 'Pay by Check' selected in the 'Payment Method' field of their 'Account' tab will see this payment method.

I'd also allow some customers (very few) to select "Pickup" as a delivery option. Can I do this with a profile?
              Yes, there is a suggestion on the knowlege base here to help you with that.

Comment

Working...
              X