Editing text on main search page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing text on main search page

Hello good people - I hope you is all well.

Yeah, I want to edit the 'To search for a product enter search words below. The results will be displayed with links to the specified product.' text to something a little more, 'BAND NAME - TITLE', flavored.

Now, I couldn't find the above text in any of the templates - so I'm guessing the text I need to edit is the Actinic Store's 'index.html'

Am I right?

Actually, while I'm here:

there are 3 sets of <form> tags in the stores index.html, and the 3rd set I noticed wrap all the section URLs - Does the search facility use these links when retrieving the search results? And if so, would it be possible to post that 3rd set with the section links on a different page, and link a referrer to it in the same way the Quick Search form does?
    The reason I ask is, due to the high quantity of sections I have in my store, my shop front is the only page on site that takes an insufferable length of time to open when browsing...

thanks guys - may your weekend be of an unusually pleasant ilk!
    still thinking of one...

Design / Text / Go to / Phase -1, ID 307 (and also 308).

There's also a Search feature in Design / Text to let you locate other fragments.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman

Any ideas on the search page load time problem?
      still thinking of one...

Comment

The search page itself loads in a couple of seconds, it is the javascript that is doing the population of section links that is causing the issue for you.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Text related question

Hello to all,

I have a text related question and thought i would tag on to the end of this thread.

I have a brochure page that is using the ACT_BrochurePrimaryLeft.html template. When I add in the Text Fragment it is displayed with incorrect / inconsistent paragraph formatting.

I just want to display the text in a left aligned / Justified way with single line spacing as it is entered in the fragment field.

Any advice on the Design | Text editor and / or ACT_BrochurePrimaryLeft.html template would be great. Thank you all in advance.

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan,

the paragraph formatting will be coming from the text fragment - click edit next to the Fragment Layout and you will see the tabled layout there - this will open your default editor eg NotePad, Dreamweaver etc

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

further text help

Hi Jont,

Thanks for the advice, I think I have sorted it now. Such a newb question I know. Amazing how something so simple can cause such a headache!

Thank you once again.

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X