Cross contamination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross contamination?

We have several Actinic sites on our server, all on the same domain. This issue affects two of them, our membership site (https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/acatalog/index.html) and sales/shop site (https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/shop/index.html).

For some time I have been seeing 'page not found' in our server access logs where a page from one site is being looked for by the other site. Like this.

Customer is on the membership site and clicks on a link that should go to volvoclub.org.uk/acatalog/Membership.html. But he/she is directed to volvoclub.org.uk/shop/Membership.html. This does not exist. The .pl files in each site are different.

Someone has posted a thread about this on our forum http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/forum/sh...9644#post99644 and that has the faulty link.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them.

Bob
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Bob,

On your cross links, do you have the REFERRER= set up? Is the referrer name you assign the base page of the target site? Or are you leaving that up to the software?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hello Bill,

I am not clear what you mean, can you please explain.

Bob
      Bob Isaac
      Director/Web Admin
      Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

Bob,

My train of thought was - when you cross from one actinic site to another you are coming into the site from an external source, so you might use the 'from anywhere on the internet" settings which involves providing a referrer string consisting of your URL & often the NOLOGIN=

However, looking at the source code for the two index pages, I note that although the basehref on each is set up different, the /shop/ site points back to the actinic site for its javascript section tree
        Code:
        </script><script language="JavaScript" src="acatalog/Act_section_tree.js" type="text/javascript">
        If it is a second independent shop, does it not have its own independent section tree?

The problem has to be caused by an ambiguity in the linking somewhere - this might be a good place to start.
        Bill

Comment

Excuse my ignorance but I am still not following
          'from anywhere on the internet" settings

Act_section_tree.js exists in both sites. I wonder if it will help if I change the membership site from www.volvoclub.org.uk/acatalog/ to volvoclub.org.uk/membership/, but that will not explain why this is happening. I might pass this thread back to Actinic on the original ticket, as there may be an issue with some code somewhere.

Thanks for your help. This is the first time we have been able to really look into this problem as no one before has sent us the problem link.

Bob
          Bob Isaac
          Director/Web Admin
          Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

Act_section_tree.js exists in both sites
            Good, but if you look in Act_Primary.html when you are in the shop site, and examine the javascript code for the section tree links (which I posted in #4 above), you will see it reads the links from the acatalog web folder - which is the web folder for the membership site. If you change that piece of code to read
            Code:
            </script><script language="JavaScript" src="Act_section_tree.js" type="text/javascript">
            it should read the correct links.

(Sorry - I just looked back at my previous post and see I said "points back to the actinic site" - instead of saying "points back to the membership site for its javascript section tree")
            Bill

Comment

Working...
            X