Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template Help

Hi Everyone

After inputting all my store for about the past 6 months i think its more or less ready to go live apart from a couple of design hitches. I'm using the smart template and wonder if its possible (advice on how to do it please) to do the following.

a) most of my products have a long description, is it possible to put the cart on the left had side column, delete the other box in right hand column and extend the centre column so my description fit on one line ?

2) my logo has a green stripe to the right hand side when you go full screen - do i set the page width to a certain amount ? if so how ? - or is there a way just to change the green to white ?

sorry if these sound like novice questions -but i am !

enclosed is a screen capture so you have an idea

http://www.xsparts.co.uk/Screencap.jpg

Many Thanx in advance

Ty

#1 - This is dependant on screen resolution, so you could butcher the script to give you a layout that is pleasant to your eye at 1024 screen width, but that would not enhance the viewing pleasure of a user at 800 screen width.

Rather than break the theme, perhaps you could add forced line breaks into your descriptions?

#2 In Act_BrochurePrimary.html, Act_Primary.html and Act_PrimaryCheckout.html (and any variations on those that you use), find the NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHUREIMAGE or NETQUOTEVAR:LOGOIMAGE code. In the <td tag before that - it will read something like
    Code:
    <td align="left" width="400px" bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS">
    replace the NETQUOTEVAR: PALCOLOR2CSS with the hex code for the colour you want (white = #FFFFFF).
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

a) Doesn't need any template editing. Actinic can do this for you as it supplies a single sidebar option. Go to Design / Options / Layouts / Primary Templates. Change all selections of Sidebar down both sides to Sidebar down the left hand side
      You should also do this in Design / Options / Brochure / Overall Layout.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Bill, Norman - thanx very much for your prompt replies

Both your solutions seem to work - but not at the same time

I've made the changes as bill suggests and they work fine, but as soon as i make Norman's changes and apply it - i lose Bill's changes.

Unless there is an easy solution, i think i'll leave it with a column on both sides as my main problem was with the green bit up the side.

just getting back to the centre column width (and sorry to be a pain) but could the margin be altered on the right hand side ? as u can see from the screen capture its about 10mm on the left and 50mm on the right !

Many thanks

Ty

Comment

Make my change. Then do Bill's. It'll work in that sequence.

The centre column width is controlled by 2 things.

1) Design / Options / Site Defaults / Properties / ACTSTDWIDTH - this sets the overall width of the right hand column.

2) Act_ProductBody.html, look for

<TABLE WIDTH="500" COLS="3" BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="10" CELLSPACING="0" ALIGN="CENTER">

This 500 controls the width of the area the products are displayed in. Set this to about 10 pixels less than the ACTSTDWIDTH value.
          Last edited by NormanRouxel; 19-Mar-2006, 02:33 PM. Reason: Added info on column widths.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

When you change layout, you change template from Act_BrochurePrimary to ActBrochurePrimaryLeft and from Act_Primary to ActPrimaryLeft, the code changes would need to be re-applied to those templates.

For the centre column width, check your setting against ACTSTDWIDTH in Design | options - site defaults (but again - the results from this change will depend on viewing screen resolution, which is not something you can control).
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
            X