Quantity Allways 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantity Allways 1

Is there any way of changing the default quantity to 0 instead of 1 on pages with individual add to basket buttons, in our line of business customer rarely order 1 of any thing and if the customer accidently clicks the add to basket button or press enter when the add to basket button is selected then the item will get added to the basket.

When you have a single add to basket button on a page the default is 0, can this be applied to pages with add to baskets buttons for every product?

Cheers
    Darren

This is similar to a problem someone had regarding hiding the product quantity. Try this.

Copy your product template and give it a new name. Edit that template and replace

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY

with

<!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY --><input type="text" width="4" name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="0">

Now use that new template for any products you want to hide the quantity field on.

Note that you can change the "0" above to a different default number. And alter the "4" to suit the maximum number of input characters typical of your customers.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for that norman, I will try this when i have a little more time, I launch my site on the 23rd an i still have a lot to do.

Cheers
      Darren

Comment

Hi there....

i'm trying to set the default quantity figures to zero (rather than 1) as outlined above, but i can't determine which template is the "Product template".......there seem to be loads of product templates.

Could anyone say specifically what to do?

Many thanks

Comment

Go to 'Design | Options | Layouts' and click the 'Edit' button next to the 'Default Product Layout' field.

Within the template, locate

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY

and replace it with

<!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY --><input type="text" width="4" name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="0">

Save the template and then close it.

This has edited the default product layout that your store is using. You will now need to repeat this procedure for any product layout field within the 'General' tab of a product, or the 'Product' tab of a section where the value is not set to 'Use Parent'.

Comment

Working...
          X