Multiple User?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple User?

Is it possible to set up 2 clients to use on one site database?

I mean, me and a freind are both working on the same site, but he is working on things I am not and visa versa.

Our current problem is one of us has to sit back for say an hour, while the other does what he needs, then swap. Resulting in extreme loss of time. We are sure we read this is possible but for the life of us cant remember where.

Any ideas, or suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated.

If you are using Actinic Business or Developer then you can use the External Linking feature to link Actinic to a shared Access database. You can then both edit products via this database and just upload the changes via Actinic.

Alternatively, when I have needed to set two people going with creating a new site, I have set up one 'master machine' (which uploads changes to the web) and one 'slave machine' (which doesn't).

You can then create new sections and products on the slave machine and export them via 'File | Export' in order for them to be imported into the master machine via 'File | Import'.

This works fine for creating new data, but is not that good for editing existing data. Hope it gives you some ideas though.

Comment

Working...
    X