Developer - Trying to import site from laptop to desktop PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developer - Trying to import site from laptop to desktop PC

I have actually started to create a site in Developer on my laptop- a few brochure pages at present no complicted data stuff yet. There are about 3 items in the database which was just a sample to show my client. This was done on my laptop and now I wish to open it on my desktop to continue and start building the database.
    Because there is no Open option on the drop down File along the top to open a site I cannot find a way to bring it in. It was suggested that I should import the files. However, I have tried this and tried to answer all the questions it asks but it will not appear.
    The files have been transferred into Actinic7/Sites/(then this whole file). When it asks me to open a file to import it expects me to highlight individual docs. There are hundreds of them!! Is there no way it takes the whole folder file and imports it?

If someone could just give me some clear guidelines as to how I would do this I would really be grateful.
    I have searched through the archives but cannot seem to find anything that relates to my plight. It seems such a simple thing I am sure.
    Thanks any crumb of advice

On the laptop, File | Snapshot - Export save the file on a shared network folder or copy it to a CD.

In Developer, click File | Sites, then click the Licence New Site button and give the new site a unique name. Highlight the new site name and click the Activate button.

Now that you are on the new site, File | Snapshot - Import and select the file you exported from the Laptop.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for being so helpful, I will give this a go - right now!!

Comment

Done and dusted!! A big thank you .... I can't switch off from organising myself around the Dreamweaver method and really I should stop trying to do it as Actinic is a completely different system. Having spent years designing, it seems I am too set in my Dreamweaver ways. However, I can now move onto the next stage of this new career in designing.

Comment

Working...
        X