Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"One Product Per Page" - general enquiry

Hi

I'm only just beginning to look at Actinic V.7, so please be gentle! I'm probably missing some vital piece of info here, but I have seen it stated in several places that it is not possible to have a full page (image, info & cart) dedicated to each product - unless each product is created in it's own section (top-level). Is this correct? If so,

1. what is the logic from Actinic's point of view, surely one page per product would be a popular choice with site owners?

2. what effect does this have upstream of each product page eg. do you end up with loads (maybe hundreds, or more) of entries on the catalog index page, and also the same large number of entires in the "store sections" navigation menu and other such places?

3. if each product does have to have it's own section, what happens to arranging product by categories and sub-categories - is that capability lost?

4. are there EASY ways around such problems for site owners who definitely want to have one product per page at the end of a menu drill down? (Would having only basic HTML cut-it?)

TIA

paultel

Hi, Paul

Welcome to the Community.

The good news is that you can have a deep section structure with the final page being the single product.

So:

1) No problem - deep structure is OK.

2) Potential problem in that Actinic generates an optional JavaScript array containing the entire sites page structure. If you have thousands of products/pages, then these files become rasther large. They're not mandatory - only needed if you want dynamic navigation menus and the like.

3) You can drag and drop Sections around as you like. No problem there (except the size of the lists).

4) All this is standard. No HTML needed.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi, Norman

Thanks for your speedy reply.

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X