X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cart and components problems

Hi ppl,

I have 3 questions:

1. I have set up a small cart box that shows on the catalog pages; nothing more than a box with the number of items in the cart and the total price. However, the real quantity of ordered items is not updated properly (the price is). It only seems to count the times I add-to-cart-and-confirm, regardless of the quantity I choose; the getcartitems function only increments by 1. The cart page shows the correct figure. But why not the cart summary?

2. I have products with components giving the client the choice to pick the size (the site will sell clothes). So I have a dummy product and a bunch of invisible related products which are associated via the permutations facility. When I add-to-cart a product and view the checkout page there are two entries: one for the dummy product and one for the component. How can I not show the first? or do I have to upgrade to a version of actinic that allows this (v 6 or 7; i use v5 and it's my client's) If I do upgrade, will the transition from 5 to whatever more recent version be seamless? Can catalog 5 be used to manage and monitor a site created with developper 7?
    Has anybody tried modifying actinicorder.pm? Because it's where the cart table is set up (I did modify everything that had to do with the layout of the table) and where it deals with components.

the last Q is related to the previous: in the confirmation email sent to the customer (for now it's me, testing from a local server) it shows both the dummy product and the component PLUS a quantity figure for the first AND the latter. This will surely throw the customer in an abyss of confusion. How can I correct that?

Hope I was clear enuf

Lazyeye

no clues? anyone?

Comment

Hi Henri,

I am looking into this for you and will post back with an update at the earliest.

Comment

thanks sumiya,

I have been looking into those as well. Here's what I've got:

For problem number one (getcartitems not returning the proper quantity) It appears to be because what it reads in the cookie is the number of order lines (eg one product equals one line) regardless of the quantity ordered of a given product (ref GenerateCartCookie in ActinicOrder.pm). It should actually calculate the quantity total by adding each quantity.

Problem number two: I rolled up my sleeves and hacked ActinicOrder.pm, now the cart table does not show the generic product but the component and its proper ref number. Problem solved.

Problem number three, however, is another thing and I can't find a way to clean up the cart part of the email. I've looked into OrderScript.pl but everything I tried so far failed.

Hope this helps

Henri

Comment

Hi Henri,

Edit ActinicOrder.pm, look for the following code:

my $nCount = @$pCartList;

change it to read......
          my $nCount = 0;
          foreach my $pOrderDetail (@$pCartList)
          {
          my %CurrentItem = %$pOrderDetail;
          $nCount += $CurrentItem{"QUANTITY"};
          }
          Save the file and update the site.

You can change the pricing model to "Sum of Component Prices" and see how it works. Can you forward a copy of the confirmation email to sfsupport@actinic.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Sumiya,

that works. ok. I figured it was just a matter of looping thru the cart and adding up quantities but, being rather confused by perl's syntax and way of doing things, every attempt yielded wild figures. Thank you.
            I forwarded a receipt to the addr you've given; I hope they'll be able to do something about it.

Henri

Comment

Hi Henri,

Have you set the pricing model to "Sum of Component Prices" for the product?

Comment

Working...
              X