Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Business 7 and Developer on Same PC

Hi all

I need to install both Business V7 and Developer on the same PC, Both will be licensed. Does anyone know how to do this? as I've just tried to install the 30 day trial of developer and it will only allow me to upgrade my current actinic installation.

The reason for this is I have a live site running with business and one stop automation from mole end with other users accessing the database and I want to start developing another site.

I know I could put Business on another machine, but I would prefer not to if possible.

Thanks

Get a licence for developer and go file>site - License new site.

Mike

PS. Both 'installtions' will obviously have to be at the same version. i.e. 7.0.6 or whatever.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks but I don't think that will help me, we use mole end software to check for new orders every 3 minutes on our current live site, if i use developer and register a new site, I presume you can only have one site open at any one time. so therfore if I am in the new site, mole end can;t check for new orders automatically.

Excuse me if I am wrong, I'm new to developer.

Comment

But will One Stop Auto and other users run correctly if a different site is loaded in Actinic?

I doubt this is possible on one PC.

Comment

Thats why I want to install both business and developer and have one stop looking at business, I was hoping it may be as simple as changing the install path, but doesn't look like it, never mind I'll just have to install business on another PC on the network.

Comment

Automation controls Actinic, so you will not be able to use Actinic while it is running.

You cannot have to distinct installations of Actinic on one machine, what happens instead is that your Actinic installation can change sites to be developer, business or catalog but there is always only one instance of it for each major Actinic version.

You could install virtual machine software on your PC and set up a second Actinic installation in that but it is a little complicated.

The easiest thing is to use a different machine for development.

Sorry.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

But will One Stop Auto and other users run correctly if a different site is loaded in Actinic?
              Yes, when you have more than one site, you tell OSA which sites to process and it switches sites before starting off, you cannot however continue to work on other sites while it is running because it controls Actinic.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The only way round this that we found (in the past) was to have 2 different versions in use (we had V6 and V7 running and open/usable side by side at the same time)
                It isn't possible if you're wanting to run 2 of the same version, unfortunately.
                Tracey

Comment

Working...
                X