Font size in store sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Font size in store sections

Im using the smart theme and I am trying to change the font size of the store sections, I have searched the forum and it mentions about editing yahoosections but I cant actually find it!

Anyone point a noob in the right direction?

Not entirely sure you are wanting to do exactly what you are asking!

The section text (this is the text that is shown beneath the section image) is typically generated from Act_SectionLine.html (click edit in Design | Options | Layout | Sections Link Templates | Default Section Link Layout) and you will see a CSS class being called against the NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT which you can change accordingly.

In the SMART theme the left hand navigation box generates the Section list using the yahoosections script. Again click edit in the same location above next to all the main primary templates.

Towards the top of the code you will see something similar (not necessarily the same as:

Code:
    function YahooSections(ar)
    {
    var strIDs = '';
    for (var i=1;i<=ar.length;i++)
      {
      if (ar[i].sURL != null)
        {
        strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall"><b><font color="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLORCSS">' + ar[i].sName + '</font></b></span></a><br>';
          {
          if (ar[i].pChild)
            {
            for (var j=1;j<=ar[i].pChild.length;j++)
              {
              if (ar[i].pChild[j].sURL != null)
                {
                strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].pChild[j].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall"><font color="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLORCSS">' + ar[i].pChild[j].sName + '</font></span></a><br>';
                }
              }
            }
          }
        strIDs += '<br>'
        }
      }
    return strIDs
    }
    //-->
    I have highlighted the size in RED and the colour in GREEN which you can change accordingly

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I think you are talking about the navigation links in the box on the left side of the page.

These are generated by javascript in the head of your Act_Primary.html template (if you are using the two sidebars option).

Code:
      <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
      <!--
      function YahooSections(ar)......
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the help so far but:

What am i doing wrong? everytime i change the font size i save the file and exit notepad, the file reverts back to the original fontsize

Comment

You are most likely editing the CSS file in the PreviewHTML or SiteHTML folder - edit the one in the root of the folder

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

THANK YOU!

I am finally getting my head round all this actinic stuff!

i have one more post to make and I will be able to go away and keep busy

Comment

Working...
            X