Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost order

Hi there

I did post this on the developers forum, but having had no replies I have posted here at well, hope that is OK!

I have a client who has asked the following question:

"Running along side the web site we have a sales track, this tracks where the orders are coming from. On sunday we had an order placed by the following IP address (not included) The time the order was placed was 14.43. The amount was £40.00 and order no CW54YF20000476. We have not received an email and it has not shown up on Actinic. We have proof that the order went to the checkout, but we have not got the order at this end. How do we sort out this?"

Any ideas?

I wondered if the user went through to the checkout but did not complete the transaction would it cause this effect?

thanks

Jan

Possibly. I don't know what you're tracking but AFAIK the only time actinic loses an order is if a customer tries to pay using the built in javascript encryption and backs out without completing it. In this case actinic allocates an order number to the transaction but never gets around to actually creating the order file or generating the customer email.

Of course, if a customer created an order, but didn't go to the receipt page (which is what triggers the customer email) and the order file got deleted somehow then this would also cause the same problem.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Also responded to on the other thread on the same subject ... http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=19997

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Very nice Bruce, but not everyone can access that thread. Isn't it about time you either opened up the 'developers' section to everyone or closed it down?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X