Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New site

Hi all
    we have recently started using actinic, approx 5 months, and in general find it very easy to use but would welcome any comments and suggestions about our site, from more experienced users.

http://www.bristolangling.com

and if you fish send me an email to paul@bristolangling.com and we will sort you out a discount

many thanks

paul dicks

Hi Paul,

first thing tomorrow I would ask your designers (JAM) to view your site using FireFox ... the navigation is all to pot.

Without devling around too deep (home beckons) I would look at having some form of separation on the page when you have multiple products showing eg http://www.bristolangling.com/acatalog/Maver678.html ... at the moment everything seems to run together with no obvious product separation

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Paul,

Always nice to see another tackle shop making waves on t'internet We'll probably be vying for the same customers over the following months How's business down there? It's not been to hot up here over the last few months.

Anyway, the folk on here are very knowledgable......and helpful.....and if there's anything we can do you'll find our email address on the site

Regards
      www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Comment

Is there a reason why your brochure pages - home, about us etc are not built using Actinic. This may make it more difficult for you to edit these pages.

Comment

As your shop pages get longer they drag the left nav' bar down. Should this be stuck to the top?

Comment

Just noticed that non of your extended info links work - using ie6

Comment

I would also ask them about moving the check if SSL is in use javascript to an external file and calling it as a function, instead of repeating the entire code on every page.

The page elements change position as you navigate in Firefox and Opera, possibly due to html tags being closed out of sequence - but hard to tie down.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I have only checked the home page but it fails to meet the Disability Discrimination Regulations, mainly because of missing alt tags. Also missing link http://www.bristolangling.com/images/fade1.gif

It is a legal requirement for designers to meet the regulations at level 1 for uk and level 2 EU.

Actinic meets them - the problem here is the designers have built the page outside of Actinic.

Comment

Working...
                X