X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Form to be completed in purchase

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has done this at all

For a couple of the items that I will be selling, we need to have detailed instructions from the customer.

What I thought of was instead of them clicking on a buy now button, and item going straight to the basket - I would like the user to be taken to a form, once that form is completed, and submitted the item is then added to the basket.

Has anyone ever seen this, or has any thoughts as to whether it is possible?

Cheers

Norman Rouxel has a solution for adding extra fields to a products details, this might do what you want it to do. See http://www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html and look for Multiple Other Info Prompts.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi,

Thanks - I did have a look at that option, but one is limited to a set number of characters in that box - so I will not get all that I wish to ask in the space.

I think for now, I will have to include a link to download a PDF form for the client to print out and fax over. Not the most ideal option for an online shop

So if anyone has any thoughts I would be grateful.

Comment

There was somone trying to do a similar thing earlier this month on the forums. The thread is here.

That will maybe give you a couple of ideas. You will need to write your own form, but your web host should be able to provide you with a mailform script to use.

Comment

My "Multiple Other Info Prompts" patch allows you a maximum of 1000 characters of user input (that's an Actinic limit).

There's no Maximum length for an individual input field so customers could keep typing if they needed to.

Also it wouldn't be too hard to alter it so that some fields were TEXTAREA's instead of single lines.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X