Duplicate Product Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Product Problem

I'm having problems with my Duplicate Products (Developer V7.0.3.0.0.0.FBIA)

Example:

When I uncheck the stock box to show the product back into stock then update the website, the change shows ok on the 'original' product but the change does not show on the 'duplicate' product.

I have compacted the database but am unsure what else I can do.

The links below show the problem;

Original Products

Duplicate Products

Note: I can add new products and new duplicate products without problem and they show straight away after an upload.

No answer found to the problem.

I just deleted the 'problem' duplicate products and re-pasted them as duplictaes from the original product.

Obviously this is not ideal, as unless I browse my entire site after any description/price changes to products that are duplicates, I may never know about any errors

Comment

I'm back with this one

I've just realised that 50+ of my products have incorrect images which I have corrected. Now the problem.......

The images on the duplicate products have not changed and will not change no matter what I do.

I have compacted the database and done a full refresh.

Any ideas?

Comment

Hi there,

You need to go the duplicate products and click on the 'Reset' button in the duplicate product details window.

I hope this helps.
        [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]
        Regards,
        Karthik

Comment

Any idea what has caused this because it's quite a problem for me going to every product and clicking 'reset' ?

In my site every product is duplicated at least once

Comment

Hi there,

This is working as design. If it automatically updates then there will be no difference between the original and duplicate product.
            [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]
            Regards,
            Karthik

Comment

wouldn't it be simple enough to add a "reset all duplicates" button??
              Or some way of bringing up ALL the duplicates (to make them easier to locate!) and being able to select which ones you want to reset to the originals?

While the duplicate function is great, duplicate maintenance is a PITA!
              Tracey

Comment

I have a little tool to help with this, it allows you to reset duplicates for all or some products (select by section or individual products). You can find more details at this URL :

http://www.actinicplugins.co.uk/acat...r_Actinic.html

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Don't know if this is pertinent to this exact thread, but I have found a possible bug with the duplicate reset function.

I have confirmed that when the duplicate is reset to the original, the linked images on the General and Extended Information tabs are DELETED from the server on the next upload!

I don't think it is user error but would love feedback on this. I have to go through each product that also has a duplicate and re-upload the images directly to the server using my FTP program.

Seems to be related with dupes that I am placing in a product|choice|etc. structure...The original is by itself in another section but the dupe is placed with other colors and hidden in the choice product...MAY be related to the image filenaming on the choice details -
                  Last edited by pierre66; 12-Apr-2006, 03:02 AM. Reason: Add'l Info
                  Peter
                  http://www.pearlstrings.com

Comment

I would also like duplicates to be updated automatically, or at the very least have a button to duplicate them. I have looked at the Mole End software and am considering buying it, but it will mean changing all my products, closing actinic, running her program, reloading actinic and then updating mysite - hardly integral and for £40 I am not sure it's really ideal.

What I am doing at the moment is searching for the product name using PF3 and manually updating each product. Hardly ideal either.

pierre - I have all my products duplicated and am not having any problems with missing images. Do your filenames have any spaces or dashes in them, this can cause problems with images not showing.

Comment

Thank you for your reply...

We do not have spaces or dashes in our image filenames. But I have determined that when I reset a dupe to it's original it quite often will delete the images on the next upload. Not 100%, but definitely taking place more than 50% of the time.

Can you enlighten me on the "PF3" search for product names? I very much need a way to find product reference numbers easily so I can then edit. Our catalog is not laid out numerically and it is a real chore to find individual ref numbers out of 750+ products. I think Jan at Mole End has a utility for this by I have not researched it yet.

Thanks!
                      Peter
                      http://www.pearlstrings.com

Comment

I don't use the product reference numbers at all, what I do is find a copy of my product, then use "Go to Original" to find the master copy, then I highight the short description, and use Edit ->Find' and paste in the short description and F3 will do a Find Next so you can find each item with that same short description.

I believe if you have Auto Generate Product References unticked in your business settings, then rather than search for the short description you can search for the ref number, but I haven't used it.

We have well over 3000 products, so I feel your pain, I have found the F3 works very well. (sorry, just realised I typed PF3 before , it's a hangover from my days as a mainframe programmer, I just meant the normal F3 button).

Comment

Working...
                        X