Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with importing new site into new installation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with importing new site into new installation.

We recently bought a new computer and installed all of our programs again. We installed actinic7 and imported the snapshot of our first site, this went fine.

When we attempted to import our second site's snapshaot the program notified us saying that it would have to overwrite the old first site as they are both named Site1.

On our old computer (which we kept, just in case of problems) in the 'Sites...' section they clearly have different names: Site1 and Culinox.

Does this mean that all snapshots are labelled Site1 when they are exported and how can we get around this problem?

Any help will be much appreciated!

New installation - automatic naming of site as Site 1 - imported old Site 1 snapshot.

File | Sites | Licence New Site - named it as Culinox. Selected Culinox, Activate. Done. File | Snapshot - import - selected old Culinox snapshot.

Did I get it right?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

*Punches own head *
      Yes you did...
      I forgot to license the site with an auth' key, so in a way i was overwriting the first site.

Thanks alot, you have saved many man hours (i.e. mine).

Have a 'Cool' sticker!

wjcampbe is laden with ness

Comment

Following on from this a bit...

I want to take an existing site and import it's snapshot into a different site name. I want to then create a new site based on the imported one.

How can I do this?

Comment

Same thing more or less, Duncan. Just licence and name the new site then do the snapshot import.

The full details from the imported site will be there, so you will need to be very methodical in making sure you do set every setting - if you get what I mean, but the new site folder will retain the name you gave it and can be navigated to/away from using the Activate button, just like any other licenced site.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

If you ever need to rename a site go to File | Sites then left click and hold for a second to get to the edit function ... right clicking holds little sway inside Atinic

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Of course, thanks. I was thinking from the above earlier that the site name had to match the snapshot site name.

Comment

Working...
              X