Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add email comment

I'm testing Actinic 7.0.6.

Having seen the problems associated with getting VAT accurately calculated and coordinated in all areas, I though we might not use the tax calculation at all and just quote gross prices for everything; especially as the majority of our customers are not VAT registered.

However, to cover for the exception where someone is VAT reg I'd like to be able to put a line in the order confirmation email to say that a VAT invoice will be included with delivery of the product if requested. How can I do that please?

Hi
    All I do is physically type any extras into the email.

To do this:
    Click on the "Order" tab
    Double Click on the order you want to email
    Click on the "Mail" tab
    Click the "New" tab towards the bottom of the page
    Select your template from the drop down box in the top right hand corner of the screen
    Add your new text

I think you can also create your own email templates which would save you having to type it in each time.

Best wishes
    Anne

Comment

I just include a short sentence in the Terms to say VAT invoice available on request.

Comment

Thanks for the comments which are useful.

However, as I understand it, an email is sent to the customer automatically once the order has been accepted and payment confirmed. It is in that automatic email that I'd like to add the relevant comment. Can anybody point me in the right direction to make the addition please?

Comment

Go to Advanced|Template Manager (Switch to the grey view) then select the Miscellaneous tab and you'll see the email templates in te Email frame.

Comment

Thanks for your help but you are too expert for me. Having followed your advice I'm left floundering in a mass of options which I simply don't understand.

What I'm looking for is someone who understands HTML and can give me a simple instruction like:-
            "Open the template xxxxxxxx.xxx and insert the text "the bit I want".

Please?

Comment

In this case there's no HTML involved it's just text. For example in Act_OrderRecEmail.txt you can add any text you want such as:

Dear NETQUOTEVAR:CUSTOMER_NAME,

NETQUOTEVAR:COMPANY_NAME

We have received and are processing the following order:
              (A VAT invoice will be included with delivery of the product if requested)

NETQUOTEVAR:CUSTOMER_DATA
              NETQUOTEVAR:ORDER_DATA
              etc......

You'll see here I just added an extra line in re VAT invoice.

Hope this helps

Duncan

Comment

Perfect! TVM Duncan.

Comment

Working...
                X