Passing NETQUOTEVAR values to Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passing NETQUOTEVAR values to Flash

Is there a way of passing the value of a NETQUOTEVAR (for instance PRODUCTREF) to a Flash SWF embedded in the product HTML. I'm thinking perhaps of something like the method of passing data to a Flash SWF where the file's object/embed name in the HTML is like:

"flash.swf?prodref=NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF"

(this doesn't seem to work by the way......)

Thanks a lot in advance for any help. Mark H.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Hi Mark,

I think this will depend on where you are using the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODREF variable. It will probably only work if used on the productline template.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE contains the unformatted product reference. However this may be problematic for Duplicate products as this variable then contains the Original products reference.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I just noticed that you said "embedded in the product HTML". NETQUOTEVAR's won't work there.

You can achieve this by copying your Product Template to a new file and amending that copy to contain the Flash links, using CUSTOMVAR's and NETQUOTEVAR's as you need.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman - not a problem - I'm afraid I've given up with Actinic duplicate products because only certain things are updated, and I couldn't get them to work well with an external sheet. I run (and entered) all my products from an external Excel sheet and it's just as quick (quicker?) to copy products on that sheet and put suffix a,b,c etc onto the product code to create "duplicates" ! Mark H.

Comment

Norman - our posts crossed - I was responding to your first post. Re your second post, I have put the Flash object code in Act_ProductLine now which seems to work. Thank you again. Mark.

Comment

Working...
            X