Order email layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry not being 100% awake at the mo.

OK I have tried again, and the same result mentioned in posting #11http://community.actinic.com/showpos...7&postcount=11.

So I have attached the script, one with the text delivery and one without just the date.

To untangle my ramablings, there are planned delivery dates (DD) and actual delivery dates, plants in August will be a planned DD where as for plants in April we now know when the plants will be delivered. These changed are caused by the weather.

So I thought I could use a text file april.txt for example for the DELIVERY customvar and use file content for the delivery information. If the DD changes I can then go to this file and by changing the information here I would update all the products for that DD instead of changing all of them by hand.

Hopefully this makes more sence, I have tried entering the DD entered at the section level, however, it does not seam to drill down to the product level.

I appreciate the help on this, kind regards Mash
    Attached Files
    Mash

Comment

Hi Mash,

I've tried using a text file to get the value for the custom property but this doesn't seem to populate the email with the date. I don't think this will work but have put it back to our development team to see if there is anything we can do for that.

I have tried entering the DD entered at the section level, however, it does not seam to drill down to the product level.
      I'm afraid that this will only work at product level. It seems that the custom properties are set through the 'parent' on the desktop but this info isn't replicated when uploaded to the .cat files (section information) on the web server.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Good morning, thanks for your patience on this, shame about the text file, nice short cut there.

Whenever I try to implement this I come across the same problems which is that the email turns into this

Shopping Cart (Prices in British Pounds)
        DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        30 4 Delivery:10th April 2006 £2.30
        + Postage 4
        30 1 Delivery: £2.30
        + Postage 1
        Making the email as useful as a chocolate teapot!

However when you do it ...
        Calculator Delivery:March 1 £8.51 £8.51
        ======================================================================
        Subtotal: £8.51
        Success. Do not understand the difference, unsure where '30' comes from, quite odd. If I could solve that and get the email to have a delivery date, it will be a cracking result.

Thank you Mash
        Mash

Comment

Hi Mash,

Can you post your text file with the date in it. When I used a text file, the date didn't come through at all, whereas it seems to have for you (albeit with some other side-effects).
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

The result quoted was from entering the delivery date at the product level, I have just tried it again from the text file and the results see below.

30 4 £2.30
            + Postage 4
            Writer's Special Offer -£11.50

30 1 £2.30
            + Postage 1
            It did not work, and the '30' is back!
            Mash

Comment

Hi Mash,

I think I've found why your product name isn't appearing. In the scripts you posted previously you have:

Code:
              $$pProduct{NAME}, $$pProduct{CUSTOMVARS}{DELIVERY},
              it should be

Code:
              $$pProduct{NAME}. $$pProduct{CUSTOMVARS}{DELIVERY},
              note the comma after {NAME} - it should be a full-stop.

This will then work if you use the property at the product level but don't use a text file (ie so fill in the value field of the property with the delivery date).
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X