Clear All

By the way you can see the site at

www.dummy-run.com

and an example page with a fragment is at

http://www.dummy-run.com/acatalog/cd_envelopes.html
    Richard
    www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

Hi Richard - not a technical reply (leave that to Norman) but on a 2mb connection the pages are taking a very long time to render - maybe this is something to do with your includes but thought you may like to know.

Jont

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yes ... I seem in the last few minutes to have ended up with some 'erros on page' which I'll look into.... but my sites seem to be slow anyway so if anyone has any clues as to how to speed them up I'd be very grateful.

Am I trying to include too much ?
        Richard
        www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

I decided to take it off the site for the time being while I sort out more important issues.
          Richard
          www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

Norman,

i did try !!<<?php ... ?>>!! but it doesnt seems to work as it suppose to be, so i tried posting to see if any suggestions can be gotten. currently the php codes got printed out on the web page instead

probably i'll try taking out the !!<>!! and some other ways to figure out how to make it works

for my 2nd point, i was asking if its better to:
            1) type the php codes in the brochure fragments and use the index.php (renamed from index.html) as provided by Actinic

2) get a template and input the php codes, untick "use as homepage" option for index provided by Actinic

my apologies i didnt make it clear at first

Comment

Using !!< and >!! in descriptions should work fine. You will also need to rename the page to end in .php (or whatever your server expects).

I just added

!!<<?php phpinfo(); ?>>!!

to a Brochure fragment, renamed the page and it worked as expected.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

weird results

Hi Norman,

well the !!<<?php phpinfo(); ?>>!! did work when i upload ACtinic to my server. but when i pasted my codes and upload, no results were returned. (with !!< >>!! and the page as .php)

i thought my codes wasnt correct, so i copy the same set of codes and place in a frontpage and save as .php and upload. results were returned. (the !!< >!! were removed)

quite an interesting finding..

Comment

solved it, i used php include function to include the codes into the fragments when its being displayed in the browser and hence the codes will work.

but im still wondering why couldnt the codes work within fragments... maybe its too long?

Comment

Working...
                  X