Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customers not able to checkout

Guys, wonder if you can help.

I'm getting a lot of customers who call and tell me they'd just tried to checkout online and they were unable to due to security settings. I'm after EXACTLY why this is so.

Basically I'd like to put a little paragraph on the website and in our mail order catalogue telling them to get round this problem. I know it's basic....but then, so am I.

If this has appeared on anther thread, can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

If it is the Chawtons website I have just placed and paid a dummy order without any security issues or warnings.

I see you are using the software encryption - whilst this is fine it does not always instill a high level of confidence as the golden padlock does not show in the status bar - you should look at hosting on a secure server or install your own SSL certificate

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I just tried your site and couldn't see any problems. I cancelled the order at the payment stage but as you're using the javascript encryption this may cause actinic to skip an order number.

If you want to know exactly what the solution then I'm afraid you'll have to tell us exactly what the problem is.

i.e. How far do your customers get, what is the error message they get, what browser are they using and what level is their security settings set to?

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks guys.

It isn't everyone who has trouble. It seems to be the slightly less computer literate amongst my customers who have the problem and it seems to be a Java problem (I don't have the error message come up either).

I'll just have to bite the bullet and go for hosting on the secure server.

(Trouble is that I'm managing director, marketing director, website designer, graphic designer and advertising manager - as well as freelancing as a marketing consultant. As a result there is never enough time to devote to one particular project before somthing goes pete tong somewhere else!)

Ho hum!

Comment

Working...
        X