SSL cgi-bin permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL cgi-bin permissions

Am I correct in thinking that permissions on my SSL cgi-bin and the acatalog folder need to be the same as on the normal non-secure ftp server?
    www.soundclash-records.co.uk

Hi Cal,

You are correct, the permissions need to be the same. It is also generally good to get the Host to create a symbolic link between the SSL cgi-bin and the non-secure one.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce. So I've now been told that my SSL permissions can't be changed to what is needed by actinic, is it possible to host the SSL part of my site on a different server?

Comment

Originally posted by Cal- Soundclash
        Thanks Bruce. So I've now been told that my SSL permissions can't be changed to what is needed by actinic, is it possible to host the SSL part of my site on a different server?
        Stupid question, of course it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cal- Soundclash
          Stupid question, of course it is
          is this now working
          who do you need more help?

Comment

Originally posted by j2001m
            is this now working
            who do you need more help?
            Not working yet, I'm waiting for my hosts to get back to me about setting the SSL permissions to what Actinic requires. I don't hold much hope of them doing it though as the last contact with them seemed to suggest I couldn't change it myself. Think I'm going to have to change the SSL hosts to somewhere a bit more appropriate for Actinic. I'm using www.streamlinenet.co.uk at the moment and although the main part of the site works fine the SSL settings are wrong and looks like they cant be changed

Comment

Working...
            X