Wrong prices in Froogle data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong prices in Froogle data feed

A short while ago I reduced the prices on some products. They all show the correct (i.e. modified) price in preview and on the web. When I export a Froogle data feed, the modified products still show their old price. Weird eh?

This isn't a VAT issue - I correct for that, and all other product are correct.
    Last edited by acompton; 23-Mar-2006, 12:53 PM. Reason: Additional info

Hi Alan,

That should not be happening under normal circumstances. I would suggest compacting the databases ad then runniing a froogle export to see if the issue persists. You can compact the DB by going into Housekeeping | Compact Databases | Select both options and continue. This will close down Actinic. Restart and then check the export. Let us know if that sorts the problem or not.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Are they duplicates?

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

@Jan
        Yes they are duplicates, but then almost all my products are duplicates - its to do with the way I like to manage my site

@Bruce
        Only just found your reply, so I shall try your suggestion out.

Comment

@Bruce
          I've still got two products with the wrong price in the data feed

Comment

Have you compacted the database?

Have you double checked the price info you have for these duplicates? how many duplicates are there.

Try removing the duplicates and recreating them

Comment

As they are duplicates it is possible that their original prices are showing up in the feed, try generating the feed with my Mole End froogle generator - using the very latest version as this is a bug I fixed in that version, if the prices are correct in that feed then this is the problem.

There is a free trial at http://www.actinicplugins.co.uk/acat...r_Actinic.html

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

@Jo
                I have compacted the db. I have checked the pricing displayed on the preview for both the original and the duplicate. I have deleted and re-added the duplicate - still no joy. Only two products exhibit this problem, one has one duplicate, the other has two.

@Jan
                I shall try the trial download when I get time.
                Alan Compton

Comment

Alan,

Have you tried Jan's suggestion as yet? Has it helped?

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Found the same problem

It seems that if a duplicate price is amended directly, without "RESETTING" the duplicate to pick up the price from it's parent product, the Froogle Feed picks up the original price not the amended price - even if the master price has been changed.

So for example:

Product Master Price was £11

Product Master Price changed to £10

Duplicate Product manually changed to £10

Actinic prices are correct online (£10) for both master and duplicate

BUT - Froogle feed takes £10 for Master and £11 for duplicate

After simply RESETTING the duplicate Froogle feed takes £10 for Master and £10 for duplicate.

A right pain if any amendments to duplicate prices have been made by overtyping the price at the duplicate level instead of resetting the duplicates to pick up the price of the master.

Even worse, it appears that the froogle feed seems to give priority to the duplicate product data over the master product data!

Any comments / tips Actinic, please.

Cliff
                    AnnWebCom

Comment

Cliff,

Can you tell me how you managed to manually change the price on the duplicate? This is usually not possible as the Prices tab is greyed out and the Price input on the general tab is not editable.

Kind regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

I'll make this a support query and send a snapshot showing the problem - you are right I can't manually edit duplicate prices - I assumed that is what had happened (its not my catalogue, its a client's).

But if I change the price of an 'original' product the duplicate displays the same "new" price HOWEVER the froogle feed picks up the "old" price.

When I look at the "products" table in the database the correct "new" price is shown against the master BUT the "old" price against the duplicate.

If I then "refresh" the duplicate and re-examine the product table in the database, the correct "new" price is shown and a subsequent froogle feed is correct.

Bizzare - and probably means I have to go through every duplicate product clicking "reset" to get the froogle feed right!

Question is - why doesn't the product table get the correct "new" price when it is set in its 'original' product.

Cliff
                        AnnWebCom

Comment

You can correct this problem using the beta version of our Product Duplicate update tool :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Pro...date_Tool.html

Unfortunately, the beta version is not on our website at the moment, and I can't put it back until June 9th as I am out of the office until then.

This program is free by the way if you have Actinic Cover (contact Actinic or check the letter you received about cover recently for details of how to collect your license key).

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                          X