Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Service Providers

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help with a query regarding the 'Order Packaging' section of a customers order within the Shipping and Handling tab.

Firstly I wanted to be able to specify here who the goods were shipped with. Using the drop down menu i would like to choose from the three shipping methods we currently employ, i.e DHL, Royal Mail and Royal Mail Special Delivery. However at the moment i can only select a provider name of N/A and have no idea how to change this.

I would then like to be able to specify a tracking number for the DHL and Royal Mail Special Delivery packages and for all this info to be taken across as variables for use within the 'Order Shipped' e-mail which is sent to the customer.

Could someone first of all let me know if this is possible, and if so how to implement it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Regards,

Guy

Hi Guy,

I have asked development to comment on this issue. I will update you as soon as I hear from them.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

The fields are available to be able to use with an integrated SSP or Shipping Service Provider. This is done in the US version using UPS, at present we do not have an integrated SSP for the UK market and hence the availability of the area. Unfortunately you cannot use the fields and have the values carried over to the customer email at present. This is a wishlist item till there is a SSP for the UK market. I will add a vote for you.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

send tracking number as a variable in email

If you are using one stop order processing, I can offer you a temporary solution:

Type in tracking number at field "user defined" either in invoice address or delivery address, depending on which one is still available to you. Then insert [%INV_USER_DEFINED%] or [%DEL_USER_DEFINED%] in your email template. And use one stop order processing to send out order shipped emails.

I don't think it's a good solution because it's disarranged information in database. But it's the best one stop order processing can do. Maybe you can find other software which recognise Order_Tracking in email template, or you write your own which can take whatever information out from raw database

Comment

Working...
        X