Sending the Merge Request Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending the Merge Request Error

I'm receiving this error when doing a refresh on a website.

(An error occurred when sending the merge request.)

This happens at the very last step of the refresh process. I know that it can be a common error but we have tried to refresh the site 8-10 times over the past few days now and are still recieving the same result. I have double checked the network setting and everything appears to be right.

We have also tried a tip that was in a previous post about removing the old *.cat and *.fil files from the site1 folder (on local) and the acatalog folder (on server).

If anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Regards,
    WYB

I would do a search in this forum as the error you have is quite common and has been discussed on many occaissions

Comment

I have search through the forum and have done the following.

1. I have checked and changed the permissions on all the files in the cgi-bin to 755.

2. I have checked and changed all permission in the acatalog on *.fil and *.cat files to 755.

3. I have tried to remove the *.fil and *.cat from the server and from the site1 folder.

4. We have tried to refresh the site multiple times. (getting the same error)

5. Other sites on the same server are having no difficulty refreshing.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it. We are still constantly receiving this same error.

HELP PLEASE!!

Regards,
      WYB

Comment

Jason,

Try this...

1. Manually FTP to your server

2. Delete all the .pl and .pm files within your /cgi-bin/ folder

3. Delete all the .cat and .fil within your /acatalog/ folder

4. On your local PC, please go to 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v6\Sites\Site1'

5. Delete all the .pl and .pm and .cat and .fil files here as well

6. Go to the folder 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Original' and copy the .pl and .pm and paste them back into your Site1 folder.

Once done try doing a refresh of the site. Do you have 'Use Passive FTP transfers' ticked in Advanced | network Settings?

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X