Moving the default site location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving the default site location

Is there a way of specifying a diffrent folder then site 1 under c:\programfiles\actinic\sites\site1

as at the moment the sites stored on my pc and I like to have it on our server so it gets backup and the worse happend my HDD failed we still have a copy.

At the moment I am having to zip it and copy it to the server when we make modifications so that it gets backup....

Ta
    Darren

I don't think that Site1 can be changed. Depending on where you installed Actinic, the path c:\programfiles\actinic\ will change.

I highly recommend Acronis.com backup software. I just backup my whole pc to a separate hard drive and the restores are 100%. If you go this route, two things to know. The restore might not recognize an external drive and don't partition the backup drive because the restore doesn't see it. This might only be a problem with me because I use primary mirrored drives.

Al

Comment

You can use the Snapshot feature that's prompted for when closing Actinic to store the Snaphot on your Server.

Actinic remembers the path and filename so the next time you close down, it's simply a matter of OKing the prompts.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks for the advise.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
          You can use the Snapshot feature that's prompted for when closing Actinic to store the Snaphot on your Server.

Actinic remembers the path and filename so the next time you close down, it's simply a matter of OKing the prompts.
          Unless its been changed Norman I think this only over writes the old file as they are not date stamped snapshot files, therefore not much good for backup unless you re-name each one with the date
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

There's only a single file name used so it's a weakish backup, but better than nothing. If the server has automatic backups there will be additional copies made.

Darren was worried about HDD failure so it would be enough for that. If you need something that will let you roll back in time that would be different.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

That's why I suggested Acronis.

Comment

Working...
              X