Non-javascript navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-javascript navigation

I'm currently using a javascript system of navigation that is not ideal. The script is pretty much exactly the same as Actinic's YahooSections script, simply writing a new row to the table the links are contained in for each section in the catalogue.

What I'd prefer to do, and what I'm unsure is possible, is to remove the javascript altogether. A preferable solution would be to use a NETQUOTEVAR for the navigation, but I can't seem to find a NETQUOTEVAR or a template that would help in this respect.

Does such a NETQUOTEVAR even exist? If so, which template controls its content? I seem to remember seeing something of a similar nature before, but all my searching through the user's guide and the default templates has revealed nothing.

Thanks.

You can use NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP to generate a set of static links to your top level sections.

For multi-level menus it's got to be JavaScript.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Most of the clean themes use it.

Comment

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

Any idea which template it is that controls the layout for the navigation? If I could just find that then this would be a perfect solution.

Comment

Most themes use css to control its design or you can add your own.

Comment

Perhaps it's in Template Manager / Sections / Top Sections
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I think I found the template in the design options. However, Actinic seems reluctant to show anything, which I'm sure is due to some setting somewhere. I'll try randomly ticking / unticking things in the options.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X