Forrgle Feed Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forrgle Feed Error

I use Actinics Froggle feed delete two line (think someone from actinic could fix that!) and I get the following error:

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your product feed. We've reviewed your feed and need you to make some changes so that we can successfully process your feed. Your feed has been rejected due to the reason(s) listed below.

Issues:

- Use product pages

-----------------
    Use product pages: Please make sure to include product_urls that link to individual product pages. For example, the product_url you've included for the item named "Tucher & Walther Stone Setter" does not lead directly to information for this product:

http://www.ministeam.com/acatalog/Tu...ccesories.html

Instead, please use the following product_url:

http://www.ministeam.com/cgi-bin/sh0...467#aTWT_20467

This URL lists the product price and also provides a means for purchasing the product. Recheck your product feed and make sure that all the product_urls are for individual product pages.

After you've made the necessary change(s), please upload a new version of your feed. We'll notify you if we need you to make any additional formatting corrections. Otherwise, we'll send you an email to let you know that your feed has been approved.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

Has Froogle changed the conditions? Can someone from Actinic update the feed to list URL by product page logistics?

Any Help would be appriciated.

Thanks
    Doug
    www.ministeam.com

Maybe they have. I have only one product per section so my feed wouldn't be affected. I believe they have always said that the link must take you directly to the product - perhaps someone at Froogle is interpreting this slightly differently - although I can understand why, a link to a page full of other products makes it difficult to find the product that you would've seen in Froogle..
    BTW The link direct to the product would be as below - not what they have suggested:
    http://www.ministeam.com/acatalog/Tu...tml#aTWT_20467
    It wouldn't be difficult for you to manipulate the feed to include the anchors, but it would have to be manually done.

Comment

Thanks, but with over 1,000 products this needs to be done with software. I can not believe I am the only one who has more than one product per page. I would think someone from Actinic would develop a patch for this. If they advertise a Froogle feed one would think it would work.

Comment

I'm sure others are using Froogle that don't have a product per page without issue. If there was a problem with this previously then it would have been mentioned here before. Hopefully someone else can comment regarding this.

Comment

First time I have heard of Froogle being quite so literal in interpretation of their needs. In case there are people out there who do not want to manually adjust 1000s of iterms, I have added an option to 'Link to Product' on the newest version of BCNessFeed Pro.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X