Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding brochure pages

Hi all,

As I'm sure many people have discovered, checking the 'Hide on Web Site' box for a brochure page doesn't actually work, in the fact that the page is still on the site even when you hide it.

I note that this was first mentioned in 2003, about Actinic v5.

It looks like a bug to me, as surely when you decide to hide something you don't actually want it remaining on the site and it does of course do this properly with shop bits.

Is there a fix for this? Don't really want to just mark for deletion as a later purge will remove the pages entirely of course, hence the point (IMO) of having a hide function in the first place.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Angi
    OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
    Actinic developers since version 3
    01865 361696

Hiding the pages tends to remove live links to the page - they can still remain on the server.

If you are wanting to remove it completely then FTP to the site and delete. If you are wanting to have the page but simply have it hidden then check out http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=hiding+pages or search on "hiding pages" for other solutions

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. The FTP idea won't help though, I'm afraid as this is for a customer (well several actually), where anything more complicated than clicking the up arrow in Actinic is out.

I'm not sure I see the reason for having a function to hide a page that doesn't actually hide it at all, which is why it seems like a bug to me. I believe it should behave in the same way as 'Hide on Web Site' works with sections and products in the shop.

Thanks anyway, John.

Angi
      OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
      Actinic developers since version 3
      01865 361696

Comment

Working...
      X