X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product option & sage part number

Hi

I have a product which I need to do the following with :
    It comes in a range of colours all with their own individual part numbers.

I want to be able to have just one instance of the product listed on the site, and then the user can choose the colour option.

Only problem is the product has different part numbers for each colour, and I want the stock to be adjusted in Sage accordingly when the items are ordered.

At the moment it just gives the single product number with an extra line with the colour option. I think this is because I have set it up with attributes.

I have been reading the forums & have come across various people talking about setting up a dummy product and the running the components off of that. But I am an Actinic newbie, at I cannot fathom how to do it successfully.

Any help much appreciated.
    Simon
    Last edited by Simon Clark; 28-Mar-2006, 05:18 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

Simon,

What you will need to do firstly is to create products for each of the choices and select 'Hide on website'. You will then need to create a 'Component' under the main product, and then an attribute and choices under the component. Since you already have this bit, cut it and paste to another product temporarily so that you can create a component, you can then paste it back below the new component.

Once this is done if you click on the component you will see that it has a new tab called 'Permutations', click on this and then on the button that says 'Fill List', this will bring in the choices. Click on the 'Pricing' column and using the drop down select 'Associated Product Prices', then on the 'Product' column you can use the drop down to associate the choice to its corresponding hidden product.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X