FastHosts again.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FastHosts again.....

Im trying to run a RedHat Linux site via fast hosts. However I can't upload my catalog. I have been in a CHMOD'ed the acatalog and Cgi-bin folders to 755 and 700 respectivly, but

I get:.....

Method Not Allowed

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /cgi-bin/cp000003.pl

Any thoughts? I have tried running the Wizard, but I can;'t get past the perl extenstion screen as it does not like.pl

You could try changing it to .cgi as the Actinic software will allow this, but not sure about the FastHosts servers acceptance or not of .cgi, but would have thought they would accept it...

Hope it helps...

Comment

Hi there

I normally set the permissions to:
      /acatalog/ - 777
      /cgi-bin/ - 755

Also the error message indicates that you don't have permission to use POST. Please check this with Fasthost.

Hope this information helps you
      Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
        You could try changing it to .cgi as the Actinic software will allow this, but not sure about the FastHosts servers acceptance or not of .cgi, but would have thought they would accept it...

Hope it helps...

Yeah _ tried that but I cant get past the same point - it doesnt like with .pl or .cgi

I'm begining to wonder if Fasthosts really want us Actinic customer!!!

Comment

Do you know what your server paths are as seen by the FTP server, i.e. /web/acatalog would be to the http:/www.yourdomain.co.uk/acatalog/

In some case it could be as long as /home/sites/site88/web/acatalog or /home/sites/public_html.. etc etc...

Get this information and you might be further along the way to getting working maybe...

Hope it helps.....

Comment

Sounds like you are not the 'owner' of the files.

Check who owns the files - by doing a file list in your FTP or ls-al via ssh

Comment

I had this error when I first started using fasthosts. I was trying to use frontpage as well and somehow managed to mess up the permissions (on a windows server!).

The solution was basically to start again. The support chaps told me to park the domain and then start again which I did and it then worked just fine. I was using a windows server though. I would suggest telephone support and checking with them before considering this because it might not be appropriate for linux.

Regards
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Either delete all the cgi scripts, change the cgi-script ID - or find a host that doesn't know what an Actinic problem is... there are PLENTY. Farcehosts isn't one of them.

regards

Greg Hewitt-Long
                Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
                Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
                NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Working...
                X