FTP cant connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP cant connect

I have just upgraded a V5 site to V7. The network settings are obviously identical but it simply wont connect when trying to ftp.

Any ideas what's wrong?

An error occurred when trying to connect to the server. This can happen when the server is unreachable or you have set up an SSL server, but this server can not accept SSL connections, or Windows is confused about proxy settings. If you have Internet Explorer or another application configured to work with a proxy, the settings should be the same for Actinic. Please check your connection first.
    SSL Linux Actinic Hosting

Try the Network Test in Advanced / Network Setup and report what happens there.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

That's what it says!!

An error occurred when trying to connect to the server. This can happen when the server is unreachable or you have set up an SSL server, but this server can not accept SSL connections, or Windows is confused about proxy settings. If you have Internet Explorer or another application configured to work with a proxy, the settings should be the same for Actinic. Please check your connection first.

Comment

Can you manually connect to the ftp using an ftp client rather than actinic? Are you sure your hosting is not at fault?

Comment

Yes, I can manually connect.

I can connect via ftp and I can connect via the old version 5.

What now?

Comment

That sounds rather odd. Try exporting your network settings from your v5 version by doing the following:

GoTo: Advanced > Network Setup > Export

then save a file and import this into your v7...

GoTo: Advanced > Network Setup > Import

Comment

Didn't work. Just fails straight away. Doesn't even look like it's trying to connect

Comment

It doesnt matter what I put in any of the fields in the network settings. It just fails. I have reinstalled actinic and it still fails. I have changed the ftp settings and the username and password, cgi paths and every possible combination and it still fails!!!!!!!

Getting very frustrated now.

Comment

Fixed it, damn firewall. Allowed v5 to ftp but not V7. I usually get a blocked access warning but nothing this time . Oh well. At least it was something simple.
                  Feel a bit silly now.

Comment

Well, glad to hear its sorted. Firewall was going to be my next suggestion...

Comment

Working...
                    X