Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUSTOMVAR: Image magnification

Hi,

I'm building a site for a client and the products are set up with one large product image and then under this the smaller product icons. These small product icons have a onClick function that when pressed changes the larger image.

Now what my client is after is a way of clicking on the larger image or a small + sign to open a bigger popup image.

But since the larger and small product images are all done with CUSTOMVARS I'm finding it hard to find a way to attach a popup function that somehow knows which picture is currently selected. I somehow need to link the small icon change with the + sign so the correct picture opens up.

Has anyone done anything like this before?
    Need help.

Cheers

Norman's Dynamic Product Image patch sounds just up your street. Check it out at:
    http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html

Comment

I recall helping a site with something like this last year. Do you have an URL so we can see what code is there?
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Here's a URL of one of the pages I have tried to add a Javascript popup function. I placed a CUSTOMVAR:POP in the href and called it through actinic into the small product. I though I could just link the image/html file through the properties but it's not showing the image.

http://www.sofabeds4u.com/acatalog/Egg_Bag.html

Comment

In Act_ProductImage.html add

id="LARGEIMAGENAME"

then in your popup you can use something like

var currentlargeimage = opener.document.getElementById('LARGEIMAGENAME').src;

which will return the filename of the image.

Comment

Hi,

I have tried to add the script you sent but I still can't get it to work.

Comment

Who's and what script?

Comment

That one you mentioned earlier. I've been playing around trying to add CUSTOMVARS into the products but I can only get them to wotk on the section and not the product themselves.

I'm trying to make it so easy for the client to update that it's just a matter of referencing the image they want to use and away they go.

Comment

I didn't mention any particular script - all I did was show how you can (as part of your own work) detect the current source of a product image.

Comment

Working...
                  X