Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu Bar

Hi guys, how is everyone?

I am very new to actinic software and have a question that I hope can be answered. I need to change the menu bar options and would like them to be the same for every page, ie the home page and the main catalogue. Can anyone tell me how to edit the menu bar options for the pages please?

Thanks guys

Mark D

Create your owm template that is used as Act_Primary.html
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

The Actinic menus are not shared between Brochure pages and store pages sadly.

What I have done in the past is create the navigation buttons I want in Brochure and in the Catalogue (if you look in the Advanced User Guide it will tell you how you can insert individual navigation buttons rather than a navigation bar all in one go).

Then I copy and paste the brochure navigation buttons I want from my fully generated brochure pages into the overall layout template for my store and make sure my store pages are laid out as I want them and working. Finally I copy all the code for the entire navigation from my fully-generated store pages into my brochure pages.

Bit of a kludge but it does work.

Comment

Chris, is there any way to reverse that process
        ie: the buttons that I want throughout my brochure are all within my Act_Primary template (HEaderGUide). Would I need to take the HeaderGuide out of the Act Primary and harcode each seperate button back in individually (via Dreamweaver) and then copy and paste and new navigation set into my Brochure_Primary Set...or is there an easier way?
        Regards.

Lee Jackson
        Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
        Centurius Website
        Portfolio of Work

Comment

See my answer at http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=2866

Comment

To save all the cutting and pasting you can create your nav bar and save it as an .html file. Then just position it in whichever templates you want using NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE "my_nav_bar.html"

Obviously your comments about defining full links apply but it doesn't half make edits easier!
            Regards

Tony

Comment

Working...
            X