Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Membership Signup

Hi,

I have searched the forum, and it seems that users can not signup and setup accounts etc (and passwords/delivery details etc).

Is this something which is happening in v8, or is there a way of doing this now? Also, if it is happening/doable, can you add a checkbox to it? (i.e. I want to say "Request Membership Card?" so if they live within a certain distance of our realworld stores, I can send them a card as well for use there.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Hi Paul,

The reason that users cannot signup or setup accounts is because Actinic does not use an online database. Since the database resides on the local pc there is no way of having customers register for accounts online.

There is a work-around though in the Advanced User Guide and the article in particluar is to Allow Customers to Register for Accounts found on page 64. The guide can be downloaded from the below link.

http://downloads.actinic.com/docs/us...cedguide_7.zip

Hope this info helps.

Regards,
    Robert.

Comment

We are considering providing a tool to do this, we have a catalogue requestor program that collects form details online and sends them to the PC, where they are added to a database and optionally emailed or printed. We have a few installations of this tool but also use it internally to deal with CD requests.

I am considering adding the option to generate an Actinic customer import file for this (a customer asked for this at the weekend). If anyone is interested email me with details of what you would be looking for.

It is available on request at the moment but without the customer import file generation. It would deal with the extra checkbox you need as well.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

We would be interested so if you could send me details. What exactly does a Customer Import routine do as opposed to the tool that you use?

Thanks,
        Paul.

Comment

Working...
        X