Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License Key as a product

Hello Everyone,

We would like to sell software license keys on our Actinic site. Can anyone suggest ways in which we can check to see if a customer's payment has been received and issue a key (via email or on screen) instantly?

Does Actinic use an online MDB? I don't recall setting up any database settings which leads me to belive that Actinic holds records in some other way until the time of download.

Can someone tell me how Actinic stores records on the server before downloading the orders?

Many Thanks in advance,

Orders are stored as order files with a .ord extension. They're encrypted so can't be read.

Presumably actinic digital download will do what you want with license keys.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

The license Keys are generated online and are unique for each user.

Comment

Out of curiousity, how are you taking your payments? Paypal protx and such?

Comment

The Perl file OrderScript.pl can be patched to add unique content to the customer confirmation email and the downloadable order.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

We are using Protx.

Not all our products are downloaded and therefore not all customers would require a license key.

The Keys are generated by a 3rd party licensing company. We have added our own interface to their system.

Comment

For this to work, it looks like actinic will have to download the order and payment confirmation (in order to see the customer name and confirm payment). It's then a case of how you automate the rest of the process.

It it was me, I'd use an excel macro to query the actinic database for new orders and pull out the relevant info. The same thing can be done with access if that's your preference.

Mike

PS. Jan at mole-end has a product that will regularly kick off actinic to do a download / upload cycle. This might help.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks for your advice. This could work I guess..

Comment

Working...
                X