Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command Line having no effect

Hi all.
    Am trying to automate actinic to automatically download orders and update the stock levels at start up.
    Have found the details in the Help file to automate this task, along with the numerous ideas suggested on this forum.
    However none of them seem to work...
    I change the command line within the desktop shortcut to read

"C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\catalog.exe" /d /u

Double click the icon, Actinic loads, but does nothing else.

Am i missing something?

All help appreciated

Pete
    www.discoSuperstore.co.uk
    Portsmouth Sound & Light. The South's No.1 DJ Store

I'd imagine your command line instructions would have to be within the quotation marks.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

See i would've thought that too. However putting them inside the quotes comes back with a complaint of invalid file name.
      I looked at command line automation on microsofts support site (as were on Windows XP), and everywhere it mentions that the additional commands /u/d need to be outside the quotes.
      it uses the example of autoloading Microsoft word, but i wouldve thought the same principal applies here.

Comment

Have just looked at the help file again and that also shows the additional commands outside the quotes.
        Any ideas, its got to be something simple ive overlooked.
        ta

Comment

Are you using business, you need that to use to command line options in V6. They are available in catalog in V7.

You can use my automation tool to do what you are trying to do, take a look at the URL below for more details and a free trial.

http://www.actinicplugins.co.uk/acat...r_Actinic.html

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

A-ha didnt read the small print of requiring Actinic Business.
            I had seen the details of your automation tools Jan but was hoping not to have to use plugins. Looks like thats the only option over then upgrading our version of actinic.
            Many thanks
            Pete@PSL

Comment

Working...
            X