Simple upgrade - simply disastrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple upgrade - simply disastrous

I am trying to upgrade a site from V5 to V7. Mainly because of the credit card surcharge feature.

On upgrading I have run into several other problems mainly based around formatting.

Firstly, when the order is displayed and the list of components shown, they are listed one after the other separated with a comma. I was given a hack for V5 to add a return character after each component and list them vertically but I cannot find the equivalent script in V7.

Secondly, the invoice address page shows "INVOICECOUNTRYSverige" in the invoice address part. No text fields - just as I have written and also "SEPARATESHIPYes" again as I have written it.

Thirdly, on the delivery address page it shows "DELIVERCOUNTRYDanmark"

It seems to be printing out the variable name.

You can see what I mean here. It's in Swedish but you should be able to guess your way through it.

http://www.ogat299.com/test/acatalog/Modell_5058d.html

Any help would be appreciated. I thought this would be a quick job but it's turning into a real workup.
    SSL Linux Actinic Hosting

Hi Mike,

sounds like it is the modified code in v5 which is causing most, if not all, of your issues after the upgrade. May be worth copying over the original templates and then re-hacking with your alterations if still needed (v7 lists items vertically by default for example)... the upgrade does a good job in the most but for modified files and templates it is sure to break ... best to start from the a clean template and work upwards .. much less hair pulling in my experience

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Mike,

I think the first issue is dealt by Bruce at http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=20246

Also when I check the link which you have provided, everything seems to be working fine. If not, please let me know so that we can take it further.
      [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]
      Regards,
      Karthik

Comment

I have actually had to comment out those rows of code to stop the INVOICECOUNTRYSweden error appearing

The vertical components problem still exists too.

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          Hi Mike,

(v7 lists items vertically by default for example

in my experience
          I dont think it does.

Comment

Works for me Developer 7.0.4 with no mods (see attached) in both the cart and the printed order!
            Attached Files

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It would appear that the html is not being parsed properly.

Should I replace all the pm files with the originals?

Comment

Hi,

The SEPARATESHIP issue is to do with the version of perl on the server. To get round it go to 'Design | Text' and click on the 'Go To' button and enter Phase -1 and ID 2067 to see the prompt:

Code:
                <TABLE WIDTH="100%" BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0><TR><TD ALIGN=LEFT>%s%s%s<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="%s" VALUE="%s"></TD><TD ALIGN="RIGHT"><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT NAME="ACTION" VALUE="Change"></TD></TR></TABLE>
                Change:
                Code:
                 <TABLE WIDTH="100%"
                to:
                Code:
                <TABLE WIDTH="100 & # 37;"
                Remove all the spaces between 100 & # 37; (I had to put them in so that it wouldn't automatically be converted to a %)
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X