Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Back - Page Expired

Please help! I think I'm losing sales.

I am using v7 for my site www.hairkit.co.uk. I have noticed that when the back button is used during the shopping cart, the page expires. Why is this? I know people should not really need to use the back button at this point, but if people can, they will! I have looked at other Actinic sites and they do not seem to suffer from this problem.

I am worried that people are going back for some reason, getting page expired, and then thinking arghhh forget it, I'll go somewhere else.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem?

Many thanks
    Carl.

www.hairkit.co.uk

There is not Actinic - this is IE security. The page, as the message says, was created using information submitted in a form - to redisplay it would mean resending the information, which you have the option to do. You can push back again or refresh to resend and view the page.

Comment

As Duncan says this is working correctly - imagine if you are in an Internet Cafe or other shared computer and you pay for an item on credit card and then leave - the new user hits "back" a couple of times and you have card details, home address etc all there for anyone to see and use!

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks both! That eases my mind somewhat, although I have not seen this behaviour on other sites, in particular www.speednspares.co.uk. Maybe it was a fluke.

Carl.

Comment

Your site is on the secure server for the checkout pages - the site mentioned above is only using the in-browser software encryption ... hence there in theory is nothing for the browser to hide by hitting back.

Your site is working as it should and is more secure.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X