Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic website in four lauguages on one domain

Hi There,

I have a query, my client has a website which he will want duplicated into 4 other lauguages, as its an English company im not quite sure if he can buy the domain extensions for other countries which would mean pointing 4 websites to one domain is this possible for example he would have.

www.domianname.co.uk/index.html
    www.domianname.co.uk/spanish/index.html
    www.domianname.co.uk/france/index.html

is this at all possible? If not does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might do this, I know actinic is very strict when it comes to uploading.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Several options including buying more licences (or Developer) and creating sub-domains for each language ..... hard-code the navigation and have 4 copies of everything on the one site accessed via hard-coded links to keep users within the language area as chosen (removing the search facility would stop cross language searches if that is an issue) ... but this would give a single cart in 1 language (or all 4 languages could display at once for the cart headers etc)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You could subdomain according to language and have de.domain.com / sp.domain.com / fr.domain.com / it.domain.com and en.domain.com - That would allow you to use www.domain.com as the landing page for everybody with navigation to the language dependent files.

Even better, one domain, one site, use store top as the entry point and have each language as a section. Each time you add a product page in one language section, duplicate it in each other language section - lots of work, but at least all in one place.

Actually - just been re-reading jont's post as I type, and realised we are actually saying the same thing (again )
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Great minds think alike ... and all that ...

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X