Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redirect from Continue Shopping button

Hi

I want to redirect visitors to my site back to a picture gallery when they hit the 'Continue Shopping' button after adding an item to their cart, rather than have them go back to the root of the catalog (since I'm not using that for them to add items from).

Is this possible? If so, how please?

And also if I'm using individual navigation buttons in my template (edited from the Layout 3 Clean template), can I change the link from the Home button to my site's homepage rather that the Catalog root home page?

Hope someone can help.

TIA
    Debbie
    Debbie Ormston

For the Continue button go into Advanced | Template Manager | Ordering tab and click the Order Detail Button.

Within this template locate:

<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:CONFIRMLABEL" NAME=ACTION>

and change the VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:CONFIRMLABEL" to VALUE="pageurl.html".

That should work....... I thinks.....

On the subject of the Home Page link go into Design | Options | Misc tab and locate the Home Page link area, you can then select the URL and type in the full page to be visited when clicking on the Home button......

Hope it helps......

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

The Home Page link works like a dream.

But, when I looked at the Order Detail Template in the Template Manager, the advice you offered would have redirected when shoppers hit the Confirm button (I think!).

It's when they're in the shopping cart and hit the Continue Shopping button that I want them to be redirected back to my gallery rather than the top of the catalog.

So I looked in the Act_Shopping Cart template, but I'm confused because the 'VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:CONFIRMLABEL"' that you refer to appears to be commented out in the template I'm using.

Any other ideas ... please

TIA
      Debbie
      Debbie Ormston

Comment

Sorry about that...... OOOooopss..

Look further down within that template and you will no doubt see it again, I think it is commented out as it is provided by normal submit button usage aswell as image based, so one will be commented out and the other working outside of the comment fields...

Hope it helps.....

Comment

sorry wrong thread - my fault for having to many open

Comment

Hmmm ... well, in the Act_ShoppingCart template I only see it once. This is what it looks like:

<TD align="center">
            <Actinic:REMOVE TAG="ContinueButton">
            <!-- <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:CONTINUEBUTTON"> -->
            <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" NAME="ACTION_CONTINUE" SRC="continue_shopping.gif">
            </Actinic:REMOVE>
            <Actinic:REMOVE TAG="ContinueButtonDisabled">
            <!-- <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:CONTINUEBUTTON" DISABLED> -->
            <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" NAME="ACTION_CONTINUE" SRC="continue_shopping.gif" DISABLED>
            </Actinic:REMOVE>
            </TD>

I guess it looks that way because the template I chose (Clean Layouts - Layout 3) uses buttons instead of text links for those links.

What I can't figure out (eek) is how to change the VALUE since it appears from the above that it's commented out. But it must be somewhere 'cos it's working!!

Any more ideas ... pretty please

Debbie
            Debbie Ormston

Comment

It is there twice within:

<!-- <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:CONTINUEBUTTON"> -->
              <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" NAME="ACTION_CONTINUE" SRC="continue_shopping.gif">

Once commented out and the other not. Basically you have the normal SUBMIT button commented out and the INPUT TYPE IMAGE in use....

Comment

Yes, I see that. But I don't see where I would put the URL I want to redirect to.

It looks to me as if that chunk of code is just telling the page how to display the link ... not where to send it.

I'm perplexed ... doesn't take much

Anyone else got any clues

Debbie
                Debbie Ormston

Comment

Hi Debbie -

This code should sort out your issue.

Simply replace:

<INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:CONTINUEBUTTON">

with

<input type="button" name="" value="Continue" onClick="javascript:window.location.href('http://www.actinic.co.uk/');">

Hope that helps.

Comment

Altough the solution posted by Chris should do what you desire but such a change results that the perl script might not be called. Therefore the associated action (update of the cart content) will not be done.
                    I'm afraid you need script changes to get this work.

Regards,
                    Zoltan
                    Actinic Software
                    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Chris and Zoltan. I had a feeling that a script change might be necessary. And in fact that's what I'd orignally tried after reading an article in the knowledge base (Ref GC30).

But, I found it made no difference so I thought I'd look for another way. Am I missing something? Do I have to take some other action apart from changed the line of code in the script file?

TIA
                      Debbie
                      Debbie Ormston

Comment

Originally posted by dormston
                        ...after reading an article in the knowledge base (Ref GC30).

But, I found it made no difference so I thought I'd look for another way. Am I missing something? Do I have to take some other action apart from changed the line of code in the script file?
                        As far as I can see that KB article is not valid for the "Continue shopping" button. That's about the old style (pre v6) continue shopping link on the cart page.
                        If you want to change the target of the "Continue Shopping" button of the view cart page then CartManager.pl should be edited. Just open this file in a plain text editor and find the line
                        Code:
                        my $sURL = $::Session->GetLastShopPage();
                        There will be only on instance in sub ContinueShopping. This line should be changed to
                        Code:
                        my $sURL = "MyURL";
                        where MyURL should be the URL where you wish to redirect your shoppers. I hope this helps.

Regards,
                        Zoltan
                        Actinic Software
                        www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Zoltan ... I'll give a go and let you know how I get on

Debbie
                          Debbie Ormston

Comment

Yay ... worked like a dream. Thanks so much for the help.

Can't say enough for the support you Actinic guys give through this forum (and everyone else).

Thanks Zoltan and Chris and everyone else who pitched in to help.

Debbie
                            Debbie Ormston

Comment

Working...
                            X