X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postage Costs not adding up

the shop is:
    http://www.racewaysdiecastmodels.co....ls-online.html

My problem is that if i buy more than 1 model it isnt adding up the postage costs of each model. its just using 1 model. eg if i buy 10 Formula 1 models the postage remains the cost of 1 model

I've got a few postage weights depending on the model scale (1:43rd model = £1.75, 1:18th = £6.50) the only thing i see that works are the tyres. if i add a 2 set tyre to the order it add's the additional postage charges ok.

Any ideas why my postage costs arent adding up? (pic attached of shipping costs)
    Attached Files

Just checking - but have you entered the weight of each model in the product detail tab.

Comment

hi, yeh every model has a weight to it. took me a bit of time to add them all too

Comment

Even one car shows as £1.75 postage ie your max postage (40Kg plus) a single car according to your sipping matrix should be £7.50 plus ( cannot see the rest) I know it sound stupid but can you double check you have entered you weights correctly as it looks like when you are adding a car it is putting a weight of 40Kg into the calculation.

Also is you shipping the correct way round, usually it is more expensive postage the heavier the item - yours looks back to front.

Comment

hi, yeah i just made the weights to match the scale of the models basically

so 1:43rd model = 43.00
          1:18th = 18.00
          1:24th = 24.00

and so on

for the tyres its the same

2 tyres = 2
          4 tyres = 4

if this was where the problem lies, how would it stop postage costs from adding up? buying 7 of the same thing with P&P £1.75 should be £1.75 x 7, but it puts it through as just £1.75

Comment

No. 43Kg is the highest value in the scale, so how would actinic know to charge more than that?

Actinic looks at the total weight in the cart and uses the shipping charge for that total weight.

So 2 x a 43Kg item is 86Kg etc.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

so i should order my postage costs to the lowest - highest

Comment

Yes, lowest to highest, but also figure out first what you want to charge your customer.

As a general rule, customers like to see simple, easily understood P+P charges.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Been out for a run so just seen your post. If you enter 43 into the weight field then you are telling Actinic that the model weighs 43Kg, this is above the max weight on your shipping so no matter how many you add the cost will always be £1.73.

You need to physicaly weigh each car and enter the weight in grams, reverse your shipping costs and it should work.

Comment

hi, ive kind of sorted it, i've only changed the 05 BAR and ferrari models at the min while testing. ive ordered the models postage cheapest to expensive

adding more than 1 1:43rd model works ok, if i add an 1:18th it should add £6.50 but doesnt

alternatively, adding a 1:18th on its own works, but if i add more than 1 of the same model it lowers the postage, lower and lower the more i add.

Comment

adding a 1:18th on its own works, but if i add more than 1 of the same model it lowers the postage, lower and lower the more i add.
                      This is because your postage matrix is the wrong way round ie the more you add the cheaper it gets.

I still think you have your weights entered incorrectly - you need to place each model in turn on a set of accurate scales and enter the weight in grams into Actinic. Doing it as you are at the moment ie by model scale is incorrect and will never work.

Comment

hi,

im building the site for a client, they have set postage costs depending on the model scale

1:24th cars - £1.50 (weight entered - 0.10)
                        1:43rd cars - £1.75 (weight entered - 0.50)
                        1:12th cars - £4.00 (weight entered - 0.55)
                        1:18th cars - £6.50 (weight entered - 0.58)
                        1:6th cars - £7.50 (weight entered - 0.60)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Then you need to talk to your client and read the user manual.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                            This is because your postage matrix is the wrong way round ie the more you add the cheaper it gets.
                            Hi,

I am getting the very same problem, i have added the correct weight in grams to most of my products, but i am just working with test products for now till i get the settings right.

But basically the more i add to my cart,the cheaper the postage gets, how do i adjust this 'Postage Matrix'?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

The postage matrix is in Menu: View / Business Settings / Shipping and Handling. Its the grid in the middle on the right hand side.

Alan Compton
                              www.greenknightgames.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X