Actinic PC down... what now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic PC down... what now?

I've just managed to damage my laptop that has my Actinic software on it. It works but I need to bring it to the service people to be repaired. I'll be without my laptop for a few days... maybe even a week

What should I do... and how should I do it.... so that I will still be able to download and process orders?

I have access to an ancient desktop - running windows98 first edition, or a second laptop running windowsXP (but I'll need to "borrow" this one)... will Actinic work on the desktop?

Thanks

You should be able to find a place locally where you can hire a computer for a week, try the people who are repairing yours

When i tried ver 6 it ran ok on 98 but ver 7 ran very slow
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

if the machien is still working now, then get a complete copy of your Site1 folder and conduct the creation of a Site Snapshot.

Before sending your broken machine away for repair, then ensure you load the exact same version of Actinic onto the temp machine and import your snapshot and test it to make sure all is working ok.

Only once that is completed and you have a fully working copy for upload and download on the temp machine, then clear the broken machine of your Actinic, as laptops do go missing enroute and back from repairers, plus it will contain customer details and possibly customer card details if you take receipt of those for manual processing, so best to remove the Actinic fully, just incase the worst should happen whilst it is away, but stress test it all on the temp machine for up and down first.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Will set Actinic up on the other laptop I think.

Comment

Working...
        X