Sage Data Objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage Data Objects

I was having problems with my ACTINIC LINK software and needed to re-install, so I decided to upgrade my PC at the same time.

I have just installed Actinic Business V7 and Sage Line 50 V7 on my new PC (running XP home) and found that I need to fill in the information for the Sage Data Objects to allow the ACTINIC LINK program to run.

I called Sage this morning, to be told my V7 Line 50 has gone through 'end of life' and the chap was really rude and would not help. They want £995 for me to upgrade my software!

I'm sure all the information is on the other PC, but I don't know how to access it. I can't actually run the link program (it comes up with error 'ActiveX cannot create object'), but the SDO information must be in there somewhere?

I have a really technical hubby who started out as a programmer, so he can help, but we don't know where to look. Any ideas?
    ArtyMiss
    www.artymiss.co.uk
    Card Making & Craft Materials

Probably silly answer but

Have a look in following area's

Old emails from Sage may have the info

Old copy of actinic link or instruction book (most people write down this sort of info on them)

Any old file non computer where you set up the software originalls

As a safeguard you could make a image backup of your old hard drive which may save the info or transfer the old hard drive to the new computer

Go further up the ladder at sage and complain to the general manager

all i can think of at present

Best of luck
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thnaks for that :-)

I did look everywhere over the weekend, becuase I normally write this sort of thing on the CD case.

Anyway, I called Sage customer service & BEGGED for the SDO info!

I have the 'Flu, which I think made them feel sorry for me, and finally they gave in & gave me the info.

My only problem now is that the Actinic Link seems to be running a 30 day evaluation copy & that wants a licence key too? I have tried the Sage key and the Actinic Key, but neither work.

Any further ideas chaps?
      ArtyMiss
      www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

Hi Amanda,

You need to use the authorization key in Actinic "Housekeeping|Security". The authorization keys are case sensitive. Open Actinic Link ,copy and paste the key and click on "OK". If you have done the same,do you get any error message?

Comment

Thank you, that worked perfectly :-)
          ArtyMiss
          www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

More problems

I have just upgraded to a new super duper PC and I am having similar problems with the SDO.

I wrote down the details from before, but the new installation is not accepting these details. I have copied across the profile, but I get an error "Can not connect to Sage Database. No Sage Data Directory has been specified".

I have checked the settings on the old PC and I have everything set up as before. I am bemused??
            ArtyMiss
            www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

"Can not connect to Sage Database. No Sage Data Directory has been specified"
              Are you sure Sage is installed in exactly the same place on the new PC as it was on the old PC? Because if it isn't, you need to point Actinic Link to the new Sage Data Directory on your new PC.

Comment

I have checked and Sage is installed on both PC's on the path
                C:\Program Files\Line 50

I have copied across the profile settings, but for some reason the Site 1 Profile is greyed out. It shows the other paths OK, but the Sage Data Directory is blank.

In the actual profile the Sage Connection Settings|Sage Data Directory field is empty. If I fill it as appropriate (c:\Program Files\Actinic Link\Sage Line 50\DataFiles\) it brings up the same error message:

Can not connect to Sage Batabase
                Object does not support this property or method
                ArtyMiss
                www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

In the actual profile the Sage Connection Settings|Sage Data Directory field is empty. If I fill it as appropriate (c:\Program Files\Actinic Link\Sage Line 50\DataFiles\) it brings up the same error message:
                  I think this path should actually be the location of your 'ACCDATA' folder within your 'Line 50' folder.

Comment

Ok, well I just changed the path to: c:\Program Files\Line50\ACCDATA\

But sadly I am still getting the same error message?
                    ArtyMiss
                    www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

Is there any mileage in removing & re-inatalling the program?
                      ArtyMiss
                      www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

Uninstalling and re-installing Link is not a bad idea. It's just frustrating that it's been working fine before but not any more. Feel free to contact Actinic (http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm) if you need some extra help.

Comment

Thanks Chris, I will try to re-install & see if that helps. I have to do the VAT by the end of the month, so I might be back in panic mode if that doesn't work
                          ArtyMiss
                          www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

Phew! Well, it seems I am up & running after a re-install.

Just one teeny problem now: If I exported an order which contained a prodcut which did not yet exist in Sage, it would create that product, using the Actinic product reference. Now it creates all new products under the S1 code.

Any idea what box I would have to check to get it back to using the Actinic product reference?
                            ArtyMiss
                            www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

Have you turned 'Product Reference Translation' turned on? Try turning it off.

Comment

Working...
                              X