Sage Data Objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again Chris,

Product reference translation is definately turned off.

I see someone else was having a similar problem too.
    ArtyMiss
    www.artymiss.co.uk
    Card Making & Craft Materials

Comment

Just one teeny problem now: If I exported an order which contained a prodcut which did not yet exist in Sage, it would create that product, using the Actinic product reference. Now it creates all new products under the S1 code.
      Are you sure Actinic Link used to do this. This is not a feature in Actinic - it can only amend the stock level of items that already exist in Sage. It doesn't create products.

Comment

Yes, this definately happened before. I used to spend hours creating all the new products in Sage. Then one day I forgot my 'process' and imported before I created any new products. I was stunned to see that all my new products now existed, albeit just the code, name & sale price (as there was no other data transmitted). As we add over 1000 products a month, you can imagine how happy I was!

I promise you I have not imagined this, I was just annoyed to see that after getting all my settings the same as before, I don't get the same result.

I can back up and restore to my old PC and process exactly how I used to, but I have stripped out the Ram & Video card. I can't imagine doing all that exporting using onoy 1 screen. Eeek!
        ArtyMiss
        www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

Amanda

I'll have to ask the developers whether Actinic used to do this or not.

Comment

Hi there

I've heard back from the chief Developer on Link, and Link has never been able to do this - so your copy of Link must have been behaving badly, although the end results were good.

To save rekeying data twice I suggest creating the products in Sage and then transfer them from there into Actinic.

Comment

OK, I admit it, I was wrong!

It seems that in my sleep, I did an export of the Catalog, re-jigged it in .csv format and imported all the products into Sage.

Obviously I did not remember doing this as it was 3 months ago (quarterly VAT) and I did it in my sleep!

I am so sorry for making you run around Chris :-)

It just goes to show, that not only have I used my entire mental hard drive to the extent that I have lost the ability to perform basic funsctions such as ironing, but I have started writing over short term memory files as well!
              ArtyMiss
              www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X