Payment Option - Invoice with Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment Option - Invoice with Order

When setting up the payment option for payment by cheque, I found the only sensible option was "Invoice with Order". However, I think this is causing confusion for some of my customers - they think they are going to receive the goods and a printed invoice that they pay later. I like to wait for a cheque before dispatch.

Is there a better option or better wording for this option?

Alan Compton
    www.greenknightgames.co.uk
    Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street

You can change the wording. Design | Text - 1st Web site tab - Shopping cart/Receipt sub tab - Find "Invoice with order" on the left, change the text on the right. Apply, OK and upload.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

What wording to people expect to see? Would some additional instructions for payment by cheque be a good idea?

Comment

Alan,

The wording we use for this option is: 'Invoice and Payment before Delivery'.
        Never had any problems with customers asking what it meant.

Neil.

Comment

We use "Print order and post with cheque/postal orders" and then give instructions of what each payment method means in the order confirmation email (i.e time to clear, can't hold sale stock etc).

Regards - Helen

Comment

Thanks for the the advice. I've decided to word it 'Payment by Cheque' as that' s what people are trying to do, and I've included instuctions.

BTW: Thanks, Bill, for the link on your site. I am planning a links page and hope to repay in kind.

Alan Compton
            www.greenknightgames.co.uk
            Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
              You can change the wording. Design | Text - 1st Web site tab - Shopping cart/Receipt sub tab - Find "Invoice with order" on the left, change the text on the right. Apply, OK and upload.
              I can't find "Invoice with order" on the left using your recommendation above! I do have the option "Invoice with order" in the setup for payment methods though!

I've got "INVOICE" and "INVOICE AND PAY BEFORE DELIVERY" in the Design | Text - 1st Web site tab - Shopping cart/Receipt sub tab. I've tried using both of these but any text I enter on the right does not appear as the prompt no matter what I select in the payment methods setup.

I have the option "Invoice with order" "Invoice and payment with delivery" in the setup for payment methods but neither of these is exactly the same wording as appears in my para 2 above! There doesn't seem to be any exact connection between the two setting areas?

What am I doing wrong please?

Ken

Comment

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I just checked my Design | Text and Invoice with order is NOT there (maybe it was in the version we were using in April, maybe I was in error).

I note you can also edit the text that is in the second column when you select the payment method in Business Settings - is it this text that you see in the online choices?
                Bill

Comment

Ken - just found the "Invoice with order" text - it is on the Misc tab (Design | Text - Go - Phase -1 ID 136
                  Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill - found the entry as you said but changing the text on the right has no effect on the screen display; it still says 'Invoice with order'.

Ken

Later: I had to change the text in the 'Business Settings|Payment methods' as well.

When 'Cheque' is selected for payment, it is confusing for the buyer to see required fields still listed for CC type payments. Can this be altered?

Comment

Ken,

Yes - I just tried a change at Phase -1 ID 136 and it had no affect on the payment dropdown, but a change in column 2 of the Payment choice in View | Business Settings - Payment and Security DID alter the text in the dropdown.
                      Bill

Comment

Bill,

No ideas about the unwanted 'required fields' when cheque payment is selected then?

They're not required, of course, and checkout will proceed without them being completed but it's really confusing for customers.

Ken

Comment

Sorry Ken. Only thing I can suggest there is a change to the text *Required fields - make it *Required fields for Credit/Debit cards
                          Bill

Comment

Thanks for your help Bill.

Surprising that the 'Cheque by post' (before dispatch) isn't a standard option. Anyone from Actinic care to help here?

Ken

Comment

I suggest you take one of the payment methods you are not using (such as 'Cash on Delivery') and then just edit the 'Web Site Description' field to make it read 'Cheque by Post'.

Also do a search within 'Design | Text' for any other references to 'Cash on Delivery' and change those as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X