Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding Quantity - am I doing it wrong?

First of all - each time I alter Actinic, I am amazed by what it can do

However this one has me stumped - unless I have mis-understood the help.

In the product details page - I have set both minumum and maximum to 1.

Now the help says 'The maximum number that can be ordered, across all order lines. If you enter zero there is no maximum order quantity and customers will be prompted for a quantity (defaulting to the minimum quantity value) when adding an item to the shopping cart. If both the minimum and maximum values are one, the user will not be prompted for "Quantity ordered".'

However on the site the Quantity box still appears - okay if a client selects 2 he gets a big red warning on the next screen that says 'Quantity: You have already selected the maximum number of this item allowed. Please return to the catalog and amend your order.'

But I wish to hide it completely from that product screen. Have I read the help wrong, is there a bug - or some other explanation

Thanks.

As well as setting the limits in Actinic you'll have to edit the Act_ProductLine.html and replace

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY

with

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="1"><!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY -->
    This will force all product using that template to have a hidden quantity of 1 applied.

Use "Quantity on Product page" type sections WITHOUT the Single Add to Cart. If you do use the Single Add then you'll get every product on that page into the cart all at quantity 1 and you probably don't want that.

If you have some products where you want the quantity to be enterable then use a copy of the original Act_productLine.html template for just those products.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X