Problems with Offline Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Offline Preview

I've had this problem for months - it normally doesn't cause much of a problem except I'm now designing a new site and use the Offline Preview a lot when doing this.

When I do an offline preview - actinic goes through the checking html files and brochure pages and then stops - I don't see an offline preview at all.

Offline Page Preview works fine.

Spoken to support (now sending them a snapshot) and they seem to think it might be something that has changed in a template. I think I agree now as I have defined a new site (I'm running developer) and without making any changes I can view an offline preview with no problems.

My question is - anyone have any ideas as to what I might have changed that stops the offline preview from working?

Thanks

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

No idea but here's a Binary Chop way to test what's broken.

Backup and Snaphot first. Get a pen and paper handy as it's a good idea to write down each step that follows as you do it.

Bad site: Copy half the Act_*.html Template files somewhere safe. Now copy the same half from the good site into the bad. Test and see if OK now. If OK problem is in the half you just replaced; if not OK it's still in the other half. Repeat this exercise on half of the known faulty set.

There are about 140 files so this will only take 7 or 8 tries to get the one that's suspect as you're cutting the number to test in half at each iteration.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X