Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping/Handling in Act_Order00 or Cart??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping/Handling in Act_Order00 or Cart??

Is there any way I can put the shipping/handling options shown currently in Act_Order01 starting

"<!-- Shipping HTML begin -->
    NETQUOTEDEL:SHIPANDHANDLEPHASE"

into Act_Order00 either instead or as well as Act_order00 or even in the Cart stage?

It would seem to make more sense that the customer can choose their delivery options at the time they're stating the information that calculates the delivery options and taht way they can see the true cost of delivery instead of the one the system may have defaulted to.

The cost shown at this stage (and actually at the cart stage) can severely influence a customer's decision as to whether or not to purchase.
    Richard
    www.worldofenvelopes.com

Hi Richard,

I will check this and post back.
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]
    Regards,
    Karthik

Comment

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the delay in getting a response to you for this one but I'm afraid that you can't do this. I will add your request to the wish list.

What you could possibly do is to 'Request the Location Information Early' (View | Business Settings | Ordering), so that when the customer first adds to cart they are asked for their shipping location. This will then work out the default shipping option for the customer and show it in the basket. To have this set all sections must use the 'Quantity on confirmation page' shopping mode.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracy,

I thought I could also make use of your suggestion. However, is there any reason why the 'Request Location Information Early' checkbox should be greyed out? All my sections are set to Quantity on Product Page'.

Regards,

Alistair

Comment

Hi,

However, is there any reason why the 'Request Location Information Early' checkbox should be greyed out? All my sections are set to Quantity on Product Page'.
          As my previous message states:

To have this set all sections must use the 'Quantity on confirmation page' shopping mode.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Tracy,

I'm sorry, I mis-read your previous post.

Thanks,

Alistair

Comment

Tracy,

I've now gone back and changed all my sections and sub-sections to 'Quantity on Confirmation Page' and double checked them twice, but the checkbox is still greyed out. Is there anything else that could possibly over-ride it?

Regards,

Alistair

Comment

Hi,

The 'Help' states for the 'request location information early' option:

"This option is disabled if any section in the store has their shopping mode set to anything other than 'Quantity on Confirmation Page'."

There is nothing else that would cause it to be greyed out. Can you try setting the default shopping mode to 'Quantity on Confirmation Page' (Design | Options | Shop Defaults) and then set every section to 'Use Parent'. It also might be worth compacting the database (Housekeeping | Compact Databases) in case something odd is going on in there.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracy,

Yes, it was the shop default setting that was the problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Alistair

Comment

Tracey,

My apologies for mis-spelling your name in all my posts. This has not been one of my better days so far!

Alistair

Comment

Working...
                    X