WebCEO and Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WebCEO and Actinic

After a few recommendations from this forum I've decided to look at WebCEO. One thing I have come across is where the program gives optimisation advice it is telling me that I have 0 words one the page whilst there definetly are words present.

The FAQ of WebCEO tells me that it may be a problem with the HTML code on the page. Now for my question to the Actinic people that use this problem - is this a problem with Actinic generated pages generally or have I made an error somewhere and need to fix it up?

Are all WebCEO features available to Actinic users... I hope so because it looks good.

Hopefully a related issue - when I use Widexl meta tag checker (search on Google for the link - it's good for comparing page titles with content) on Actinic shop pages it says it can't find meta descriptions or keywords, although the code has them, but when it's used on other sites it has no problem. Is this an issue with the way Actinic generates and includes these tags?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

@ Mark

This answer from Bill Campbe worked for me
      Some SE bot simulators do not read the page correctly, and report no METAs even though you can clearly see the correct META tags are there when you view the source code on screen.

The answer is to move the BASEHREF to after the HEADERMETA in both templates. The program you are using to check will then see the METAs.

Comment

Thanks Charles.

Remmo - sorry to butt in on your thread - appears to be a different issue

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Remmo

Search engines defintely find the words in an Actinic page, even if software packages like WebCEO don't.

As an experiment, try temporarily removing <Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREF"/> from Act_Primary.html (but you will need to put it back afterwards) and then check again. Actinic:BASEHREF is non-standard HTML and I'm just wondering whether WebCEO might be tripping over it - but, as I say, search engines are fine with it.

Don't forget to put Actinic:BASEHREF back afterwards!

Comment

Thanks for the reply Chris. Malcolm (Ruralweb) has sent me some patches for the Webceo software and things are now working as they should.

Comment

Working...
            X